Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Review of Sea Otters and Ruby-Throat-ed Hummingbirds

Sea Otters are interesting animals. It really surprised me that they have millions of hairs per every square inch of their body and that they have the thickest fur of any mammal. That's pretty cool. I was wondering if it hurt them to use their stomach as a dinner table. I don't think any human averagely eats 15 lbs a day, but a little otter can. WOW!



I had no idea that they could have 1450-1650 feathers. I would think that the male would weigh more than the female. But no, the female weighs more. I can't believe that they are such picky eaters .Only eating/drinking nectar with 12 percent sugar or more, that is quite picky. I wonder why these are the only hummingbirds from the Mississippi River ?  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment