Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Spinosaurus: a giant, water-loving dinosaur

I got this article from the Springfield news leader. Date: Saturday September 13 2014
This article is about how a Chicago paleontologist Nizar Ibrahim found that the dinosaur Spinosaurus was not a land lubber dinosaur that walked the land like we thought it to be and that it actually it was a fish eating dinosaur that swam the rivers of North Africa 97,000,000 years ago but since it also walked on land it could "lay claim to being the largest predator to ever walk to earth".  Nizar found this after finding 2 groups of bones and tracking them down. I find this article interesting because I used to think that "Spinosaurus aegyptiacus" was a land walker.

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't read this! I'm loving that this blog can keep me up to date with scientific discoveries!

    ReplyDelete