Monday, November 17, 2014

Are You Shrinking?

Did you know that gravity effects your height? I didn't either until I found this article. At first I was researching gravity but then there was this article about how gravity makes you shrink at night. You are taller in the morning because gravity pulls down your spine when you are standing or sitting but you shrink at night because whenever you are in a relaxing position your spine spreads out. In the picture the orange is your vertebrae which is your spine so in the picture the x-ray of the person is standing so the spine is compressing through out the day. Then when you lay down when you are sleeping the spine does not have much gravity pushing down on it so it spreads back out to a normal size. If you do not believe this then measure yourself in the morning and then at night and record that on a sheet of paper and compare you heights. To learn more about why you are taller in the morning and through out the day then at night go HERE where I found my information or you can go HERE or HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Sadly I knew this. I am no longer 4' 11 1/2". So it isn't just day and night but as you age it happens over a long period of time. Can you find 2 other credible sources that support these findings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look for other sources that might have more info.

    ReplyDelete