Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Clouds

We have all learned about clouds, and the three big steps to forming a cloud, right? Today I’m here to go deeper into that topic: Clouds. To start off, let me introduce my friends. One of my best buddies that always gets me up when I’m down is Carefree Cumulus. He’s so big and billowy, and it looks as if he’s touching the sun.
Then there’s Cirry the cirrus cloud, I guess you could call her the quiet one. She looks wispy, and she’s pretty thin. Whenever I’m talking to her, she gets mad about me staring off into the distance. (Psst, it’s only because she’s close to being transparent)!
Speaking about distances, let’s talk about my long friend: Mr. Stratus.
Although he’s short. He stretches across very long distances, and you can still see him!
Enough about the different clouds, how about I talk to you about the different levels of clouds. There is the high-level clouds, which form at altitudes of 20,000-40,000. They appear in bands, in cottonball-like patterns. Which create a wavy appearance.
Then there is the mid-level clouds, they form at altitudes of 6,500 ft-20,000.
And last but not least, there is the low-level clouds, they form at altitudes below 6,500 ft.

The temperature, humidity, and altitude of a cloud affect the way it forms. When a cloud forms, it is easier when the vapor clings to other molecules. The water cycle takes place, and gravity helps the rain/snow/sleet/hail to fall (also known as precipitation).

Check out this link for more information:
https://docs.google.com/a/branson.k12.mo.us/document/d/1OdI2AnLx46p8kVADXZINByRhIC4tvs-eVMYw58rEuxA/edit?usp=sharing

1 comment:

  1. Creatively written! Please either link to your Source Document page or site your sources as a bibliography not just links.

    ReplyDelete