Saturday, October 22, 2016

My Review on Two Blog Posts

   The first blog post that I read was from Elizabeth and she wrote about Pluto. I learned that it is the largest planet in the Kuiper Belt, even though it’s so small. It also was named by an 11-year old girl! Pluto’s surface covered in methane and nitrogen ice. This causes the temperatures get to -375 degrees Fahrenheit! As time goes on, Pluto gets redder. The center is very smooth, which tells us that it is a very new landform. As time goes on, Pluto gets redder. My question is why is Pluto covered in methane and nitrogen ice? If you want to read it yourself, HERE is the link.
     The second blog post that I read was from Nathan and he wrote about the Okapi. I learned from this that Okapis live in central Africa. Even though their fur patterns look similar to a zebras’, they actually are more closely related to the giraffe! They are approximately 8 feet tall, which is 2 feet taller than the average man! Okapis eat tree leaves, grasses, ferns, fruits, and  mushrooms. They are endangered because of illegal poachers hunting them for meat and skin and because of illegal mining in the Okapis’ territory. I wonder how the Okapi is related to the giraffe. If you want to read this one, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment